Classic Funny Cars > Classic Funny Car Chat

INJECTED FUEL COMBO

<< < (14/23) > >>

Solid Rock:
Just keep on mind that there is a reason that the California Injected Funny Car Association and the Midwest Injected Funny Car Association went to blowers.
There were quite a few injected funny cars in the midwest and out west in the mid eighties to the early nineties. They pretty much all switched to blowers when NHRA changed there rules to allow automatic transmission with blown motors.
Keep in mind that there was also a reason that the IFCA and UDRA cars all switched from injected fuel to blown alky back in the early seventies.

Good luck on your venture.

Chi Town Brown:

--- Quote from: Solid Rock on September 18, 2010, 03:27:35 pm ---Just keep on mind that there is a reason that the California Injected Funny Car Association and the Midwest Injected Funny Car Association went to blowers.
There were quite a few injected funny cars in the midwest and out west in the mid eighties to the early nineties. They pretty much all switched to blowers when NHRA changed there rules to allow automatic transmission with blown motors.
Keep in mind that there was also a reason that the IFCA and UDRA cars all switched from injected fuel to blown alky back in the early seventies.

Good luck on your venture.

--- End quote ---

So what are you saying Rocky?    If you want to make an Injected Nitro class Make a Planetary tranmission and clutch mandatory?  You do have a good point but I think a No electronics and manual throttle linkage would take care of alot of the advantage you are talking about!!  But thats just my 25 second and 2 cent observation.

Kenneth S:
If you don't run a blower there's less safety, and other stuff that running a blower requires.
1. an expensive 14.3 blower restraint
2. you don't have to shield any oil, or fuel lines from a blower belt
I am sure that there are other things that are not needed when your not running a blower.

SLICK VIC:
Im not sure what you mean Rock, other than you could tune your car threw pulley changes to go faster.

What was the reason they all went,.. well most switched to blowers ??? cause they ran faster than Naturaly Aspirated nitro??

I dont believe that is the case with starting a Nostalgia Injected flopper class,...You guys have your AA/FC group,..Your BB/FC groups
why not a Injected funny car Group,..its just a thought you know me,.Im always game if it is obtainable....lol

N/A funny car safety..B/FC,...

Nhra Accepted engine diaper.
5 LB fire suppression for driver
nuetral safty lock out for automatics
Reverse lockout for automatics
Master Kill switch at back of car if carrying self starting battery
16.1 seat belts
-15 fire suit, gloves, boots,.head sock
-5 fire suit if you have a floor covering your tranny
Min. two rear hydraulic brakes

If running Nitro more than 30% you will need the following,.....A/FC

Nhra sfi engine diaper
Belly pan
Fire protective underbody paint and sticker
20 lbs fire suppression
-20 firesuit, gloves, boots
Fresh air system and helmet

Thats just off the top of my head from asking for a few years now about RUNNING A injected nitro funny car.

james hartley:
So you want to run high 7's and call it a show or just a club race? Are you expecting to get paid as a group or pay to play?  I love funny cars but if they are going slower than a super comp car (off the stop) I don't see that being much fun to race or to watch. Would make a better car show.  However if you already have a market go for it. I think seeing a bunch of strong running older body funnycars running on 80-99% would be awesome but I was thinking about them as an opening act for NTF or N/FC. GL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version