Proud Section Sponsor!

Author Topic: Best rods on the Market  (Read 806 times)

crdafoe and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online crdafoe

• Super Comp
    • View Profile
Re: Best rods on the Market
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 10:27:39 am »
While you're on the subject, how about the same question for Pistons?  Are most of you using hard anodized or coated ones?

Thanks
Chris

Offline Chi Town Brown

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chitownraceproducts.com
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 11:33:38 am »
"It is true that Michael Giannone originally started GRP, which at one time stood for "Giannone Racing Products." The business was never sold, and there was certainly never an agreement that Michael Giannone leave the connecting rod business for any period of time! I am not going to go into detail here, but if you are really that interested, the information can be found in Colorado State public record. Michael began MGP "Michael Giannone Performance" in 1996 a brief time after discontinuing involvement with GRP. The two companies have absolutely no relation, other than the fact that both were started by Michael Giannone himself. MGP and GRP are not "brother" companies, but rather two separate companies all together."
   I will take Michael over the "Steam" any-day. Superior bolts, superior serrations, and superior honing.

^^^  True
  Some will argue the technology left GRP with Michael.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:36:05 am by Chi Town Brown »
Chi-Town Race Products - Dan Brown
(708)675-2089  www.chitownraceproducts.com
Happy to have served
DSR Team Matco (Antron Brown)
DSR Team Army (Tony Schumacher)
IHRA (Feld Motorsport)
Don Garlits
Bill Miller
Richard Petty Ent.

Offline brongeracing

• I WILL BE BACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:34:14 am »
"It is true that Michael Giannone originally started GRP, which at one time stood for "Giannone Racing Products." The business was never sold, and there was certainly never an agreement that Michael Giannone leave the connecting rod business for any period of time! I am not going to go into detail here, but if you are really that interested, the information can be found in Colorado State public record. Michael began MGP "Michael Giannone Performance" in 1996 a brief time after discontinuing involvement with GRP. The two companies have absolutely no relation, other than the fact that both were started by Michael Giannone himself. MGP and GRP are not "brother" companies, but rather two separate companies all together."
   I will take Michael over the "Steam" any-day. Superior bolts, superior serrations, and superior honing.
DITTO! My engine builder did a lot or leg work after my venolia mishapps Hagen and Manzo both highly pushed for MGP and those TAFC junks are up in the stratoshpere. Far more superior in my opinion for what it is worth.
Anthony Bronge

Offline Bob Bradley

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
    • n/a
« Reply #18 on: Today at 11:32:07 am »
They make big holes in the block when they come out also!    ::)
  iiwygbhuui
California Bob Bradley--being over 70 is a victory

Classic Funny Car Board

« Reply #18 on: Today at 11:32:07 am »
Stith Printing Fuel Coupe Magazine

Proud Section Sponsor!