Proud Section Sponsor!

Author Topic: brakes  (Read 8 times)

Offline hotrodharley

• Pro Mod
    • View Profile
brakes
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:43:51 pm »
have M/W brakes on my altered..having a fit with them..got them to bleed finnally..today i was going over everything and checking things because i'm plaining on making my first pass on car April 26th;;on brakes i had about 2 to 4" travel before lock up..when i pressed peddel today i had roughly 7 to 8" travel..had brother come over with his vacume pump and try to bleed brakes and they ended up worse;;as he was bleeding he said he noticed that the bottom bleeder he thought he could feel little air from it when i depressed pedel;;checked make sure it was tight,,was tight..then he thought he noticed it driped once or twice but wasn't 100* sure on that.maybe running down from top bleeder..anyway..could never get pedel using pump so we went back to OLD school way;;pump/open bleeder/close/release pedel;;we finnally got pedel out of brakes..I thought and felt LIKE to much travel [went half way down]so lengthen rod from pedel to MC..got brakes up to 3 to 4" travel..felt good there so we pushed car down driveway and hit pedel hard and felt good..tried again to be sure all good and that time pedel slamed to floor..looked under rear and the bottom bleeder was spraying fluid out of it big time..

now you/ve read my book what can i do..most likely won't find new bleeders in this town;;can i get rid of the bottom bleeders by plugs;;?are they pipe theards? and next thing what is best way to adjust the rod from PEDEL to to MC?
don baker
BADTOYZZ RACING
"DARK SIDE" AA/FUEL ALTERED

Classic Funny Car Board

brakes
« on: April 20, 2014, 11:43:51 pm »
Stith Printing Deist Safety

Proud Section Sponsor!