Author Topic: Glascraft chopper gun  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Michael

• Pro Mod
    • View Profile
Glascraft chopper gun
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:22:12 pm »
Today, a guy came into my shop and told me he had a large Glascraft chopper gun.  The way he described it, it was on the end of a movable boom.  He said he had $7500 in it, but he would let it go for $5000.  I haven't had much luck finding much information about one.  If anyone is interested, I will persue it a little more and pm you his telephone number, as I have no interest in doing any fiberglass work.

Mike
Mike Dunlap

Offline 73 vega f/c

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Glascraft chopper gun
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:46:29 am »
well i dont know what he has but i can buy chopper guns all day long for $50.00 each..
sounds like he bought something that cost to much money
Jeremy McCoin
J.L.M. Machine Works

Glascraft chopper gun
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 01:20:03 am »
Glascraft web site
They make some very sophistacated multi use guns. These guns  do more than just spew chopper type fiberglass. No prices on the site.
These guns are not Jeremy's 50 dollar specials.

Offline Dennis Salzwimmer

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
    • http://
Glascraft chopper gun
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:49:31 am »
This is a peice of equipment that is used to make boat etc.

This chopper gun has a air powered chopper that cuts the fiberglass strands and combines it with a spray of resin and hardener. The machine has a hydraulic pump and cart.

This is what the funny car body makers say they dont use. Because they are mostly for larger items, tubs, showers, etc. and volume parts. The pats are usually resin heavy which on a car part would not be good.

We purchased a Venus chop out of Kent Wa. in 1981. it was display unit and we paid $5,000 for it then. I thought it was a lot of money for what you actually get.  Id say that should be a good deal today.
Denny

Glascraft chopper gun
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:20 am »
When one was buying individual body panels such as fenders and hoods, the big quality issue was chopper or hand layup.

Offline 73 vega f/c

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Glascraft chopper gun
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:29 pm »
the $50.00 specials i am talking about are used equipment from boat and other large companys that went out of buiness..
Jeremy McCoin
J.L.M. Machine Works

Classic Funny Car Board

Glascraft chopper gun
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:29 pm »
Stith Printing Deist Safety