Stith Printing Click for Taylor Motorsports Click for Nitro Madness
DJ's Floater Service Click for AA/FC Registry Click For Mert Littlefield Blowers
Click for Assassin Web Design
Deist Safety

Author Topic: Dave "nasty" Benjamin  (Read 3165 times)

Offline LyleG

• View Profile
    • www.lylegreenberg.com
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 11:12:56 pm »
I am totally blown away to see the pics of Dave's first funny car (the Corvette) at Albuquerque Dragway. How in the world did you come to be there??? Dave's partner on that car was Ned Parsons who still races bracket cars here in ABQ. I was also amazed to see pics of the Trans Am prior to its demise on that run in Tucson. I was a hired driver on a Comp Elim car that was on the jig at Dave's chassis shop when he had that crash. That was the first funny car that I ever sat in and gave me the bug to have one of my own - that led to running my TA/FC from 1997-2002. I also had the unpleasant experience of unloading what was left of that car when the crew brought it back to ABQ. The only other pics I knew of from Tucson were the Drag News pics and Jeff Thomas's (JW Last).

Big Bob, as so many have said, your pics are unbelievable and truly priceless!

Lyle Greenberg
ex-TA/FC racer
www.lylegreenberg.com

Offline Troy Cagle

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 12:46:58 am »
Those wheelstand shots are nuts,,,never seen em either.
bellringers,along with Capps in Gaynors car.
Dave,,tell us a story about that
tc
Edit,,
Dave,,the first shot is an early Hemi....what size & how did you run that sucker?,,internals,& other specs/parts etc.
thanks
tc
Mountains & the Canyons Start to Tremble & Shake,,,Children Of The Sun Begin------To Awake,,,,Watch Out--- Robert Plant/Led Zeppelin 'Going To California'

Troy Cagle

Offline Nor'Easter

• Bill Dee
  • Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 01:49:41 am »
Hey ..what clued you??the oil filters on the wrong side??I saw that, then remembered Dave was a 392 guy..
Keep On, Keeping On

Offline pwrd

• View Profile
    • http://www.pwrd.co.uk/
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 07:02:45 am »
Dave has been crewing with our buddys fuel altered over here......last weekend...

Pic

Good Pics..

Offline big bob

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 10:50:43 am »
Quote (LyleG @ April 14 2007,22:12)
I am totally blown away to see the pics of Dave's first funny car (the Corvette) at Albuquerque Dragway. How in the world did you come to be there??? Dave's partner on that car was Ned Parsons who still races bracket cars here in ABQ. I was also amazed to see pics of the Trans Am prior to its demise on that run in Tucson. I was a hired driver on a Comp Elim car that was on the jig at Dave's chassis shop when he had that crash. That was the first funny car that I ever sat in and gave me the bug to have one of my own - that led to running my TA/FC from 1997-2002. I also had the unpleasant experience of unloading what was left of that car when the crew brought it back to ABQ. The only other pics I knew of from Tucson were the Drag News pics and Jeff Thomas's (JW Last).

Big Bob, as so many have said, your pics are unbelievable and truly priceless!

Lyle Greenberg
ex-TA/FC racer
www.lylegreenberg.com

Well I came to be there because I still had the fever and would hit any races that looked interesting for say 700 miles! WCS race had Dave, Hombre vega (winner), Bo Weevil, Art Ward and ? (mind dead). Here's a couple more from that race.

After hitting OCIR,Irwindale ,Rocky Mountian, Albq., Lions,(Last Drag Race) and Las Vegas I moved back to N.Y. with Jerry and did Alum. siding with him for a while.
I was thin when gas was cheap! www.bobsnyderdragphotos.com
Bob Snyder

Offline Gredzo

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
    • none
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 06:43:29 am »
Great panning on both the Hombre and Avenger funnies.  I've always liked Charlie Therwanges Vega and that's one of the best pics I've seen of it in action.
keep it period!

Offline Nasty

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 12:51:52 pm »
Big Bob those pictures are the most priceless that I have ever seen. I would really like a copy of them. I never had a picture of my first funny car. It was a hi gear 398 in Hemi on 90% with a 110 Enderle. Try that today! Best time I remember was a 7.? @ 191 in Amarillo. Ned Parsons was my partner and when he quit I ran the car the rest of the year then gave him the body and chassis and trailer at the end of the year. He still had the chassis in the late 70's and rebuilt it into an altered. I understand the body was sold to some Corvette guys for the body parts. The body was a road racee body with all the seperate panels glassedd together to make a one piece body with an 18 inch extention made by taking a mold off the side and making a stretch section from the mold. The 2x4 kept the inspectors from getting too close under it. The car ran match racees in Texas, Colorado, & New Mexico. in 1972. Fun Times except for the divorce that followed.
db
David Benjamin
Never quit

Offline Dean James kareokee dude

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
':cool:'  great to read a nasty update...
Uncle Curt Wasson stuff

Offline draglist

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Drag Racing List
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 10:15:57 pm »
Dave's weekend in San Antonio, in his own words... bp

http://www.draglist.com/stories/SOD%20May%202000/SOD-052100.htm

Offline draglist

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
    • Drag Racing List
Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 10:17:38 pm »
While we are at it, this is one of my all time favorite draglist stories... the life and times of Nasty Dave... bp

http://www.draglist.com/stories/SOD%20May%202000/SOD-053100.htm

Classic Funny Car Board

Dave "nasty" Benjamin
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 10:17:38 pm »
Stith Printing Deist Safety