Stith Printing Click for Taylor Motorsports Click for Nitro Madness
Deist Safety Click for AA/FC Registry Click For Mert Littlefield Blowers
Click for Assassin Web Design

Author Topic: Hurst Hemi Under Glass at Mecum Auction  (Read 1939 times)

Offline AtlanticCityaa/fc

• View Profile
Hurst Hemi Under Glass at Mecum Auction
« on: October 13, 2013, 04:58:48 am »
Hi Guys.
I was out of town today and missed todays Velocity broadcast. Anyone know how much the 4 Hurst wheelstander cars sold for? Also, did the Prudhomme gold F/C sell? How much?

Thank you.
Warren
Atlantic City aa/fc
Warren Mitchell

Atlantic City AA/FC

Offline Dick Brokemon

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
Re: Hurst Hemi Under Glass at Mecum Auction
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:15 am »
To put those "Hemi Under Glass" cars in perspective. Only one has any claim to originality. It was built back from "an original chassis". The other three were cars Riggle built to go racing.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/08/15/hemi-under-glass-collection-heads-to-auction/
Norman Hechtkoff

Offline moparcrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 01:32:08 pm »
Hurst cars supposedly bid to 750K, no sale. Prudhomme FC no sale @ 47K.
John Troxel

Offline Dick Brokemon

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 02:30:26 pm »
Hurst cars supposedly bid to 750K, no sale. Prudhomme FC no sale @ 47K.
According to the Hemmings article I linked to, the Hemi Under Glass owner owes far more than that to the IRS. This is a very slow time to be selling most anything.
Norman Hechtkoff

Offline AtlanticCityaa/fc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 04:33:49 pm »
To put those "Hemi Under Glass" cars in perspective. Only one has any claim to originality. It was built back from "an original chassis". The other three were cars Riggle built to go racing.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/08/15/hemi-under-glass-collection-heads-to-auction/

Hi Norm.

Which car out of the 4 for sale has the original chassis?

Thx.
Warren
Atlantic City aa/fc
Warren Mitchell

Atlantic City AA/FC

Offline Nor'Easter

• Bill Dee
  • Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »
I still calll bullshit..

the injected car was an orig car..after Bob retired the car/name  sat dormant

Bob recreated the cars with a 67 ,68 and 69 and ran them..the last one was more modern than the other 3

the $750 K hi bid did not reach the reserve which Bob said included the NAME and lisc to continue the brand...
the new plan is to take them to Kissimee Fl and sell as simgle cars only ..keeping the name and title rights

so Hechto..
there have been at least 30 Big Foot trucks since the 1st one
as a purest should one of the latest ones come up for sale you say it is not real ??because it was not the first one?? even if OWNED and BUILT by Bob Chandler??

that is what we have here Bob Riggle's fleet of Hemi Under Glass cars ..endorsed by Hurst Corp and owned/;built by him.
My Nor'Easter cars today are not real because I didn't own them in 1977 ?? I call BULLSHIT!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:18:59 pm by Nor'Easter »
Keep On, Keeping On

Offline nitromikee

• View Profile
    • www.hemipartsking.com
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »
Maybe, just maybe if these cars or the Cope Camaro's were sitting in a bean field in Pierce NE they would bring the money.  I was amazed when I would flip between the History channel and Speed and watch both the Lambrecht and B-J auctions side by side.  After driving by that crap for over 35 years, to see a non-op Corvair bring more money than a 06 aluminum engine Corvette...nothing amazes me any more, except Burger King,  they were giving away free French fries today...and Billy, you are correct in your analogy about Bigfoot and that Nor'easter thing...keep up the great work ;D
Big Louie's Institute of Technology...Knowledge Is Good!
NitroMikee Cavalieri

Offline Dick Brokemon

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:39 pm »
I still calll bullshit..

the injected car was an orig car..after Bob retired the car/name  sat dormant

Bob recreated the cars with a 67 ,68 and 69 and ran them..the last one was more modern than the other 3

the $750 K hi bid did not reach the reserve which Bob said included the NAME and lisc to continue the brand...
the new plan is to take them to Kissimee Fl and sell as simgle cars only ..keeping the name and title rights

so Hechto..
there have been at least 30 Big Foot trucks since the 1st one
as a purest should one of the latest ones come up for sale you say it is not real ??because it was not the first one?? even if OWNED and BUILT by Bob Chandler??

that is what we have here Bob Riggle's fleet of Hemi Under Glass cars ..endorsed by Hurst Corp and owned/;built by him.
My Nor'Easter cars today are not real because I didn't own them in 1977 ?? I call BULLSHIT!!
Well you certainly are an expert in flinging bullshit.
And as you have shown many times on here you have zero concept of what makes a car original. Just because Riggle built the cars does not make them the original car. Those are gone. Go read the article i linked to.
You are just a pitiful POS. I call that.....
Norman Hechtkoff

Offline Dick Brokemon

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:28 pm »
NO, the first injected car did NOT "sit dormant".
A Bigfoot would be genuine if it was an original car. No jerky boy, if Chandler re created one of his earlier trucks, it would be a copy. That is how collector cars work. When stuff like the Hemi Under Glass exhibition cars are sold for big bucks, they become either co9llector cars or copies.
Your Noreaster cars today are current cars, not the 1977 car. Even you should be able to get that. If you don't it does not change the reality of collecting cars.
Norman Hechtkoff

Offline Nor'Easter

• Bill Dee
  • Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 11:19:40 pm »
it didn't??
I have watched the Hurst Hemi Under Glass run for MANY YEARS..it was NOT an injected,4 speed car I was watching..that must have been the trainer for what they actually ran!

...and while I'm thinking about it

since you seem to know so much about EVERYTHING.....
why not tell the state of Pa how to put out those underground fires down the road from you?? been burning  what ? 40 years?? the carbon monoxide is obviously having a bad effect on you
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:24:40 pm by Nor'Easter »
Keep On, Keeping On

Offline Dick Brokemon

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 12:39:38 am »
it didn't??
I have watched the Hurst Hemi Under Glass run for MANY YEARS..it was NOT an injected,4 speed car I was watching..that must have been the trainer for what they actually ran!

...and while I'm thinking about it

since you seem to know so much about EVERYTHING.....
why not tell the state of Pa how to put out those underground fires down the road from you?? been burning  what ? 40 years?? the carbon monoxide is obviously having a bad effect on you
The first car was injected.
You have brought a new definition to desperate, trying to talk shit to me about the Centralia fire. A  new low in nonsense stupidity for you.
Want to discuss your life?
Norman Hechtkoff

Offline East Coast Guy

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 10:12:25 am »
Sounds like a bromance.....  8)
Tim Steed
SBS Racing
7.0 Pro FED

Online tom steed

• top fuel 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »
 ;)   Hey DB & BD have to say if bull shit was electrical , both of you would be powerhouses ! !   ;D
tom steed

Offline xdragnewsphotog

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »
If memory serves me correctly, the original black and gold HHUG was indeed injected and driven by Bill Shrewsbury.????? Of course that goes back a long time...lol

Mike McCarthy
Loudon, NH

Offline Dick Brokemon

• Top Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 11:02:04 pm »
Yes, Shrewsberry was the first driver. The first car was injected. It and the first Little Red Wagon were the first two wheelie exhibition cars. Originally the Little Red Wagon had a carburated Super Stock engine. Then it had an injected engine.
The cars evolved to blown alcohol setups.
Norman Hechtkoff

Classic Funny Car Board

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 11:02:04 pm »
Stith Printing Deist Safety